Today we bring to you an excellent product by one of our new favorite companies- Pure Plant Spa. They have four main scents which are: Lavender + Tangerine (see review here), Mandarin Orange + Grapefruit, Ylang Ylang + Vanilla Planifolia and the Ginger +Vanilla which I will be reviewing.
Who is Pure Plant Spa?
- They are a fantastic company that creates plant-derived body care products. ALL of their products are made without parabens, harsh preservatives, sulfated detergents, synthetic colors, animal-derived ingredients, PEG, DEA, PPG, TEA, Propylene Glycol, petro-chemicals or artificial ingredients.
- All Natural, Vegan, No Animal Testing.
Why does this matter?
- Parabens: This is basically a preservative and there are concerns this mimics body estrogen, an agent with a positive link to breast cancer
- Sulfates: You will see this ingredient usually as Sodium Lauryl Sulfate or Sodium Laureth Sulfate. These are known as skin irritants and in concentrations above 2% can cause frequent allergic or sensitizing reactions. These are used mainly for their foaming properties.
- Harsh detergents and unnecessary chemicals in other body products can strip your skin of vital moisture.
- Information above obtained from Pure Plant Spa Informational Pamphlet.
- Using Vegan, Vegetarian, and/or products that are not tested on animals is a personal choice.
- We like to bring to you not as well known companies that strive to use only the purest of ingredients and this is definitely one of those companies.
Thoughts on the Aromatic Body Lotion Plus:
- I would say these are totally worth the money because of the one of a kind scents
- I have tried A LOT of body lotions over the years, and these are the most unique pleasant smelling lotions I’ve ever used
- I love the mixture of Ginger and Vanilla together. I wish I could put the scent into words.
- I keep this in my kitchen and pretty much use it daily
- I love the simple sleek design. It comes with an easy to use pump top which you can lock for easy transport.
- I had a minor sunburn today, I applied this and got instant relief. I would actually say this does lift my spirits when I use it as the product description says.
- Other ingredients include Aloe Vera, Palm Oil, Shea Butter, Orange Oil, Fruit Oil, Grapefruit Peel Oil, Ginger Root Oil, Evening Primrose, Vitamin C, Honeysuckle, Sunflower Oil, Green Tea Extract, Marigold Extract, Starflower Seed Oil, Lemon Peel Oil, Grape Seed Extract.
- Beautiful mix of scents- once again the ginger and vanilla complement each other in a way that is undescribable.
- I like that it has a high concentration of shea butter, but unlike most shea butter products it is not super thick and hard to rub in.
- Although it’s a body butter it is only slightly thicker than a regular lotion.
- Easy transport in a tub with a top that you can twist on- I’m not afraid of leaks or it breaking because it’s in plastic.