This review has been a long time coming, because I’ll admit…I couldn’t figure out how to use the product properly. I haven’t used pressed powder in probably five years so it was kind of tricky for me to get the hang of it.
Laura Mercier Smooth Finish Foundation Powder is a breakthrough formula that promises a flawless complexion with its customizable wet and dry coverage. This silky-smooth innovation offers a natural veil that imparts a colour true finish.
· Blurs fine lines – never settles into them
· Oil free, natural matte finish
· Long-wearing, all day wear (8 hours), waterproof
· Instantly reduces the look of shine at application and smoothes away the look of lines and pores
· Feels creamy, light and fresh on skin throughout the day
· In 20 shades of extraordinary
The shade I wear is shade 02. At first when I applied this, I did so in the same way I would apply my foundation. I applied moisturizer, and shortly thereafter, tried to apply this to my face with the sponge included in the compact. I got a splotchy, powdery, awful mess. Next, I tried applying this wet with a foundation brush. I just didn’t like the way it felt. It didn’t look cakey, but it felt like a thick coating on my skin. I tried to apply it with one wet coat, and one dry coat over top, and that was bad news too.
It took me several tries to get it right, but I’m glad I held out because I truly feel like I have found the trifecta. I went from not being sure about this product, to loving it! I just have to use it my way!