I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for Collective Bias and its advertiser.
My family has a ton of goals this summer. We want to have a ton of fun but we want to get a lot done too. We are hard working, goal oriented people, and we have a lot to celebrate! We will be busy bees almost every weekend through August. I’m excited because it’s all weddings, wedding showers, and happy events that I will get to see family and friends for.
I wish I was free for the 2014 FIFA World Cup Wellness Tour that will be stopping in select Walgreens stores in Chicago, Miami, and Los Angeles. They are helping families celebrate every goal with live music, giveaways and product samples, autograph signing with former Mexican National champion player Germán Villa, and even more, including free health checks valued at $100 provided by Walgreens. The closest place to me has already had their fun, google it for more info if you live in Miami or Los Angeles!
Though every weekend of mine is booked this summer, it’s for good reason! Here are a list of goals we have right now that I totally wish I was celebrating at the 2014 FIFA World Cup Wellness Tour…
1) I have a huge goal of getting my daughter signed up for summer activities this week. She is so smart and loves to play and is such a sponge for everything. In the picture below she is having a blast splashing in Grammy’s pool with Ruckus laying nearby.
Off topic, but isn’t the kid in the background mowing the lawn for her dad hilarious? She was way too young to be mowing in my opinion and kept backing the mower up which gave me a near heart attack every time.
2) I am really working hard at improving my photography. I have a nice DSLR and I haven’t even taken it off of auto because I am having trouble working out how to use it in manual. I would love to take good pictures more consistently. I would love to focus on people and on product photography for the blog of course! There are so many bloggers I admire for their beautiful photos and I have a lot to learn before I get there.
3) Spend more time with my family, and be more present while doing so. It’s so tempting to text or blog or be on Facebook but I need to be living in the present more often, enjoying my people. They are pretty great!
4) Work on my time management. There are never enough hours in a day for me. I love all of my hobbies but I need to prioritize my time. I am about to welcome another little baby girl in September and I will have even less time than I have now! I need to figure out how I am going to do this motherhood thing for two kids two and under, have time to blog, keep the house in decent order, and get anything done during the day. I want to be laser focused on each thing as I’m doing it to make the best use of my time. This is something I am currently really terrible at. Lord help me!
5) We have huge financial goals this summer. We hope to have a car paid off by the time the baby is here as well as replacing my laptop this month, and paying off a couple medical bills. All of this on one income, plus my measly little blogging side income. I wrote a post about 10 ideas to get out of debt this summer so if you have some bills you need to chip away at, go read my ideas!
In case you didn’t notice, my goals are split pretty evenly between hard/work/not fun things and having an absolute blast with my family. We have been spending a lot of time outdoors lately, so when I discovered that Walgreens was having a super deal on their Johnson & Johnson products, I hightailed it over there. Half our goals this summer for fun include being out in the sunshine, and we don’t want to get sunburned!
I’m a Walgreens Balance Rewards customer, so I was able to get some great deals. Right now when you spend $15 or more on the select products in the display, you can earn 3,000 points! Neutrogena was offering buy one get one half off on their products, so I bought the Ultra Sheer liquid SPF 70 for myself, and a Wet Skin for Kids for Jocelyn. I find that the stick sunscreens work best for applying to her face. They don’t run into her eyes and it’s super fast for me to get her done with. We also picked up a three pack of sunscreen!
I was at my mom’s place when I picked up the three pack, so I left one of them with her for when we visit, one is in my glove box for when we go to the park, and another is in the diaper bag. You can never have enough sunscreens! Also, if you have young kids that see their grandparents fairly regularly, I highly recommend picking up a few items like sunscreen to leave in a little bag at their house. We have a some extra body wash, nail clippers, sunscreen, and binkies at the grandparents’ and it’s great. No more emergency runs to Walgreens when we visit!
Thanks, Walgreens, for helping us celebrate some of our summer goals! I hope we do a great job achieving them. Some will be easier than others, but I know we will have a great summer and stay protected from the sun at the same time!
What are some of your family’s summer goals? How will you be celebrating?