I am absolutely in love with a new Essie product called “Sleek Stick” UV cured nail appliques. Why do I love them? They are stickers for my nails that actually stay on, and they have awesome textures to them. I can’t get over how easy these are to use and how great they made my nails look!
I have close up pictures of all the different styles of nail appliques there are- but first I will show you “steel the show” which is the first kind I tried!
- They were easy enough to use that I was able to apply these while watching tv and holding my four month old daughter.
- The adhesive is strong, so the texture/design starts wearing off before the adhesive peels back. Unless you apply them poorly, the adhesive won’t peel back.
- I am really hard on my nails and I didn’t even get minor tip wear until the third day of wear.
- There was a lot of nail sticker left over (I have short nails) and I think you could do some funky stuff with the leftovers. If you had a hole puncher, you could make polka dots for future nail art projects out of the leftover sticker scraps.
- These are a fantastic option for those of us who are not nail art savvy but have an appreciation for funky patterns and textures.
- UV cured makes them thicker than your average nail sticker.
- This particular color is a silvery shade. I was cooking indian food that had tahini and it stained the stickers so some of them looked gold-ish. I was able to scrub most of it off but a few of them remained stained. In the stickers’ defense, my sink was pretty stained too. Even after scrubbing at my nails with Dawn dish soap, the texture remained though!