This is such an easy recipe using only four ingredients. If you have coconut oil, cocoa powder, pure maple syrup, and vanilla extract in your cupboards, break out your silicone mold and get to cooking! It couldn’t be simpler and you can go by taste on half the recipe!
I’ve been eating super healthy and drinking my superfood shakes every day. But sometimes I just want a yummy piece of chocolate with no guilt attached! I was tooling around with a few ingredients in my kitchen and stumbled upon a successful vegan chocolate recipe using just a few ingredients. In fact, you might already have most of these ingredients in your kitchen, as there are only four used!
Easy Four Ingredient Vegan Chocolate Recipe
- Coconut oil
- Hershey’s Cocoa (naturally unsweetened)
- Pure maple syrup to to taste
- Vanilla extract to taste
- Melt equal parts coconut oil and cocoa powder over low heat and whisk together. Be careful to keep heat extremely low or it will scorch the mix!
- Pour maple syrup in a tablespoon at a time to taste.
- Slowly add vanilla extract to taste. The more bitter you like your chocolate, the less you’ll want to add. If you like sweeter chocolate, add more.
- Pour into silicone candy mold or ice cube tray. Place in the refrigerator until hardened.
- Enjoy chocolates while frozen. Since they are in a coconut oil base, if they thaw to room temperature, they will melt.
I used Hershey’s cocoa because that was one of the only kinds I saw at the store. This particular cacao (it’s called Hershey’s Cocoa but it’s made from 100% cacao- yeah, confusing!) is naturally unsweetened, and contains no saturated fat, sugars, or sodium. And there are only 10 calories per serving!
I’ve been really pleased with these little vegan chocolate bites. Just make sure to consume them straight from their “frozen” state- they’ll taste cold but they’ll melt in your mouth. If they aren’t stored in the freezer they’ll turn into a melted mess wherever else they are stored. Remember, they are created with a coconut oil base and at room temperature, coconut oil often turns to liquid or mush.
Let me know if you try these! They are oh so simple to make and such a tasty little treat! Do you have a favorite vegan chocolate recipe?