I’ve been very selective about the beauty items I am picking up this season. I don’t NEED more beauty products but I always love to try new things and during the holidays when there are minis of everything out, it’s the perfect time to test out new brands and products. I had been wanting to try out the Gen Nude lipsticks so when I noticed that they come in a gift set for the holidays where you get to try out eight of them, I was sold! I found this at Dermstore!
The texture of these feels like a balmy lipstick. The formula wears pretty thin and takes a few passes to be opaque. The finish is glossy and they definitely have some slip. They are comfortable to wear but I did not find them to be all that long wearing. They take about two hours to fade completely and leave behind a slight stain of color as well as a slightly balmy texture. They’re not drying, but they’re not overly hydrating either. (This part might be debatable- a friend of mine found them VERY hydrating). The range of shades contains quite a few nudes that don’t flatter me well but of the eight shades I will probably get mileage out of at least a couple!
- Mini Gen Nude Radiant Lipstick – Bubbles (0.04 oz): peachy pink nude shade
- Mini Gen Nude Radiant Lipstick – Nudist (0.04 oz): warm beige peach shade
- Mini Gen Nude Radiant Lipstick – Kitty (0.04 oz): medium warm pink shade
- Mini Gen Nude Radiant Lipstick – Heaven (0.04 oz): pinky brown shade
- Mini Gen Nude Radiant Lipstick – Sexpot (0.04 oz): soft warm beige shade
- Mini Gen Nude Radiant Lipstick – HoneyBun (0.04 oz): toasted nude shade
- Mini Gen Nude Radiant Lipstick – XOX (0.04 oz): medium dusty rose shade
- Mini Gen Nude Radiant Lipstick – Queen (0.04 oz): muted berry wine shade
L-R: Bubbles, Nudist, Kitty, Heaven, Sexpot, HoneyBun, XOX, Queen
If you have a bunch of girlfriends, officemates, etc. to give gifts to, I suggest keeping your favorite shade and splitting up the bunch. This is a fun little set and a great way to try many shades out of the range if you are already addicted to the formula!