Affiliate links in use.
I love clean beauty and I’ve greened my beauty routine for a few years now. I have a natural deodorant that works even when I’m working out, and I’ve stumbled upon three fragrance brands that are non-toxic that let you try before you buy. Today I’m going to compare them all for you!
The first non-toxic perfume brand I tried and loved is Zents. This brand has ten lovely scents that are great alone or mixed and matched. I’ve used this brand for years and my favorite scents are Fig, Petal, and Oolong. Their scents are long lasting, sophisticated, and layer beautifully. To me, Zents is like the green beauty version of Jo Malone– meant to mix and match and enjoy in many variations. Zents fragrances are vegan, gluten-free, cruelty-free and pthalate-free.
Their ten aromas were each created for a person or place with YOU being the final ingredient, since perfumes bloom on the skin as they react with your personal chemistry.
- Water: Refreshing & Renewing (Blue chamomile, coriander, lemon, mint, anise)
- Fresh: Soothing & Innocent (Linden blossom, cucumber, heliotrope, lemon, ambrette
- Petal: Soft & Romantic (Lily of the valley, rose absolute, lemon, tonka bean)
- Earth: Strengthening & Clean (Sandalwood, fir needle, bergamot, bay)
- Anjou: Uplifting & Happy (Armoise, jasmine, geranium, basil, vanilla bean, wild mimosa)
- Oolong: Energizing & Sophisticated (Lime blossom, lavender, oolong tea, petigrain, bergamot)
- Sun: Calming & Sensual (Vanilla, sandalwood, blood orange, grapefruit, amber)
- Mandarin: Warming & Exotic (Ginger, mandarin, cardamom, nutmeg, saffron, vanilla bean)
- Ore: Euphoric & Sexy (Bay laurel, orris, ylang ylang, clove, black pepper)
- Fig: Velvety & Seductive (Clove bud, cinnamon, vetiver, cognac, pimento berry)
Try all ten fragrances before you buy a full size by getting the Sampler Eau de Toilette for $20. If you’re ready for a bigger size, you can get the roll-on Attar fragrance concentrate for $53. A full size Zents Eau de Toilette is $71.
Another favorite non-toxic perfume brand of mine is Phlur. This brand currently has eight scents but they are rolling out new fragrances all the time. I’ve used this brand for a few years and my current favorites are Améline, Sandara, and Hanami. These scents are the most complex and evocative of any non-toxic scent brand I’ve tried. To me, this brand has some of the most unique fragrances on the market because they smell luxurious and special and unlike anything you’ll find on the market, non-toxic or otherwise. Phlur uses safe synthetics and botanicals, and they never use parabens, phthalates, sulfates, or other potential skin irritants. Hanami: Fig, White floral, hazelnut, sandalwood
- Hanami: Fig, White floral, hazelnut, sandalwood
- Olmsted & Vaux: Shiso leaf, white ginger, orange flower, maté
- Améline: Rose, pink peppercorn, italian bergamont, pink patchouli
- Sandara: Forest air, violet leaves, timur pepper, sandalwood and oak moss
- Moab: Long pepper, clove, vanilla, jasmine and tonka bean
- Greylocke: Sea salt, bergamot, birch leaf, silver vetiver and pine resin
- Hepcat: Saffron, black vetiver, tobacco, ooud
- Siano: Green pepper, ylang ylang, osmanthus, mimosa and cognac
You can read about my favorites where I’ve reviewed them:
The most recent non-toxic fragrance brand I have tried is Skylar. This brand has a variety of fragrances and limited edition options. I’ve been new to dabbling in this brand but my favorite ways to try their perfume is through the Scent Club and their Sample Palette. Of all the non-toxic fragrances I’ve tried so far, these are the most budget friendly. Their six fragrances are formulated to be mixed and matched into custom combinations. These are all clean, hypoallergenic, paraben-free, and cruelty-free.
- Arrow: (spicy, warm, seductive) jasmine, rose, neroli flower, labdanum flower, vanilla, patchouli, tonka bean, birch tar, schinus molle
- Capri: (sparkling, zesty, sweet) bergamot, neroli, grapefruit, blood orange, teakwood, sheer vetiver, crystal musk, dewy rose and muguet
- Coral: (fruity, floral, flirty) grapefruit, apple blossom, black currant, sandalwood, patchouli, benzoin resin
- Isle: (clean, dewy, fresh) bergamot, cardamom, sandalwood
- Meadow: (floral, elegant, beautiful) tuberose, jasmine, orange blossom, rose, baie rose, patchouli, cistus flower.
- Willow: (woodsy, lush, cool) galbanum, benzoin tree, cedarwood
My favorite way to enjoy Skylar’s fragrances is by getting a new, limited edition scent delivered to me every month. Their Clean Beauty Scent Club is the only monthly non-toxic fragrance subscription that exists. I have all of their limited edition scents so far: Magic Bloom, Vintage Rosé, and Golden Glow. They’re amazing and it’s something I look forward to receiving in the mail every month.
A sample palette is $20 and you get to try all six scents of their line. A Rollie travel-size roller of any scent is $29. A full size bottle of Skylar fragrance is $78. The Skylar Scent Club is $20 a month and membership gives you a discount on all things Skylar.
I am loving all of my non-toxic fragrance. It’s nice to have options within three different brands I love when I want to reach for a healthier perfume option. You really can’t go wrong with Zents, Phlur, or Skylar.
Have you tried perfume by any of these brands? What is your favorite fragrance?