You guys! I have been radio silent for the last week and I’m so sorry. I have so many posts I’m working on right now in preparation for holiday shopping and you’ll have to forgive me but I’ve been sick and busy with real life stuff. But while I haven’t been here I’ve been using a lot of makeup and skincare and some new favorites I want to share with you. I haven’t called anything out as an absolute must have favorite in a hot second so I thought we were due.
press samples, bought myself, affiliate links
1) Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm– At my most recent eye exam, the opthamologist noticed that I had a lot of oily residue on my contact lenses. I’m starting to wonder if cleansing with oils has been affecting how clean I can keep my lenses so I’m switching it up a bit lately. This cleansing balm is a solid and the consistency is a lot like coconut oil. My makeup dissolves right away when I use this so I am loving it. This is actually my second jar of the stuff, my first jar lasted a couple years!
2) Kiehl’s Powerful-Strength Line-Reducing Concentrate– This has been an all time favorite of mine that I wrote about in my latest skincare post. Using it morning and night I’ve already gone through a bottle this fall, and I replenished with their Ten Year Anniversary edition bottle. This year, Kiehl’s celebrates ten years of powerful results with this formula and just sold its 3 millionth bottle of the formula. I’m not at all surprised it’s that popular. It certainly gets a gold star from me!
3) Young Living Deep Relief roll on– This is really meant to be used for massage after activity but I’m using it when I have a sinus headache from being sick. Last week my husband was on the brink of a cold and used this several times, and he swears that was all he did to avoid sickness. I gave it a whirl this weekend and while I wasn’t cured completely it did take the edge off. Some of the main ingredients are peppermint, wintergreen, copaiba, helichrysum, and dorado azul. Now that I’m full blown sick I am diffusing Thieves like it’s going out of style too.
4) First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Instant Oatmeal Mask is a lifesaver for dry skin. You only need to wear it for 10 minutes to get the great results. The formula is made protective oats, colloidal oatmeal and avena sativa oat bran as well as a blend of botanical antioxidants. When I was going to put on my night time moisturizer I realized how soft and smooth my skin already was and was pleasantly surprised. I can tell this will be getting a lot of mileage this winter.
5) Guerlain Eye and Blush palette– Um, hello gorgeous! This is a limited edition palette that features a layer of eyeshadows and a layer of blushes. The eyeshadows range from natural to smoky- we have champagne, brown, gold, plum, and pink, and the next layer contains pink blushes in shimmer and matte finishes. The packaging is brushed gold and has a large mirror and I’m pretty much in love with it. If you are wondering what I’m wearing from now on this fall, it’s probably this. LOVE.
6) Becca Afterglow palette– This palette is available at Ulta and contains some of my absolute favorite products and five of Becca’s best sellers. In this palette are the Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in Moonstone, Rose Gold and Topaz, and the Mineral Blushes in Wild Honey and Flowerchild. I own all but two of these shades, and can I tell you, this is such a phenomenal value. I never ever use up a full pan of product, so to get to try all five of these beauties for $39.50 is an incredible savings.
7) Last but not least I am absolutely in love with the Bite Luminous Créme Lipstick in Pepper. It’s a dusty rose shade that ends up being an absolutely perfect dusty rose shade on me. I have the holiday Mix and Mingle sets and if you’d rather have a mini you can try this side by side with the shade Café.
So, that concludes my favorite and most reached for products for this Fall. After not posting much for a week, I am a bit behind as you can imagine, but I have several new reviews for you, including all of these products come up before the holidays. Stay tuned if you’re curious about one of these products or ask me about them in the comments.
What have you been reaching for this fall? Were any of these items a favorite of yours?