I am always looking for a new way to cleanse and for new products. Sometimes I will stumble upon something in my drawer that is an old love and I’ll bring it back out to play, which is exactly what happened with this Clinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm. I used this daily for about a year, and then I was playing with a few things that were sent me to me and I rediscovered it. If you’ve been reading the blog lately you’ll know I called it one of my Halloween Essentials and I listed it as a Fall Favorite.

clinique take the day offbought myself, press sample, affiliate links

So what is it? This is a cleansing balm with some magical qualities. The texture reminds me a lot of coconut oil when it’s in its hardened state. I simply dip my fingers into the jar and the texture turns from balm to oil once it’s rubbed onto my face. From the oily state it seems to dissolve even further to a milky type fluid as it melts away every last trace of makeup. It can remove everything from foundation and sunscreen to waterproof mascara with ease.

clinique take the day off cleansing balm 2After I remove my makeup with this I go back in with a cleanser to remove the residue it leaves. I’ve been using this one that fights acne since I’m struggling a bit with breakouts lately. If you want to see how super effective it is at removing stubborn makeup, I wanted to show you how quickly it took off every trace of the Lancome eyeliners I reviewed the other day.

before makeup removerafter makeup removerVanished without a trace! What kind of makeup remover do you use? I’d love to know!

15 Comments on Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm

1. Brooke @ Blushing Noir
    November 6, 2015 at 2:32 pm (2 years ago)

WOW that is impressive! Those liners are really hard to remove!

2. Carleen
    November 6, 2015 at 3:26 pm (2 years ago)

Nice! I’m going to give this one a tgry!

3. Heather
    November 6, 2015 at 4:39 pm (2 years ago)

I love cleansing balms, I am using Colleen Rothschild and it’s perfection! I will check this one out when I am done!

4. Allison
    November 6, 2015 at 7:04 pm (2 years ago)

I’ve heard only good things about it. My only concern is having to go back and remove the residue.

5. Chelsea
    November 6, 2015 at 8:12 pm (2 years ago)

I love how you demonstrated this!! I have heard those liners are HARD to remove, so that’s impressive!

6. Cindy (Prime Beauty)
    November 6, 2015 at 9:52 pm (2 years ago)

I have used an expensive brand in the past, this may be a good alternative!

7. MarciaF
    November 6, 2015 at 9:57 pm (2 years ago)

Great demonstration using the liners to show how this works.

8. Tashina
    November 6, 2015 at 11:37 pm (2 years ago)

I keep hearing really great things about this remover. I hope that there’s a cruelty-free version out there. It’s amazing that it removed those liners so easily!

9. Kath Thefabzilla
    November 7, 2015 at 1:06 am (2 years ago)

I need to try this! I use a lot of makeup removers. My recent faves include Osmosis, Iaso Black Cleansing Oil (review soon), Dermalogica, of course not to forget makeup wipes!

10. Renu
    November 7, 2015 at 1:40 pm (2 years ago)

Whoa it certainly wiped off every last trace of the eyeliners! I would love to try this on my waterproof mascaras.

11. Destany
    November 8, 2015 at 8:58 pm (2 years ago)

Dang! That is really impressive!

12. denise
    November 9, 2015 at 9:39 am (2 years ago)

I love this cleansing balm! I finished my tub of it a few weeks ago and decided to buy the Clinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Oil instead. I don’t like it nearly as well. It just doesn’t remove eye makeup like the balm does and I don’t even wear waterproof formulas. It will take forever to get through this giant bottle so I may end up giving it away so I can go back to the balm!

13. Anastasia
    November 9, 2015 at 10:31 am (2 years ago)

I need to try that balm!

14. Nidia - Lit From Within
    November 9, 2015 at 10:29 pm (2 years ago)

I never knew that Clinique had this product! I heard those liners don’t budge, so it must work great! Right now, I’m actually using Sephora’s version of the microfiber cloth that takes off makeup with just water. I love it, but it can tug a bit, especially around the eyes, and it doesn’t remove waterproof makeup completely.