I’ve slowly been compiling a Christmas list for myself and deciding what things I’d like to recommend on here for you all in holiday gift guides. As I was putting together a list of my favorite brands to check out what they were offering for the holidays, it struck me that the perfect gift to get a makeup lover is a neutral palette. Even if you are buying for someone who loves bright colors, neutral shades will always get used. I own most of the ones I’m recommending, whereas others I’ve been eyeing for a while and they’re by brands that never fail me! Check out the ten best neutral palettes below!press samples, bought myself, affiliate links
1) Tarte Energy Noir Clay Palette– Ive been obsessed with the palette since it’s come out. Dare I say, it’s the most used palette of the season for me right now. That smoky, gray purple in the bottom middle is perfection. There is a nice selection of neutral and smoky here, as well as a beautiful blush that I think would look good on just about anyone. (review/buy)
2) MAC Nordstrom Naturals– I don’t think this is available anymore but I hope they come out with more huge palettes like this one. I had previously only owned a single of Woodwinked but had been wanting to try out more MAC eyeshadows, so when this neutral palette came out, I knew I had to own it. I bought it this spring, and I’m hoping they come out with more selections in future seasons.
3) It Cosmetics Naturally Pretty Palette– I don’t own this specific palette, but Maskcara is always writing about it. I own some other palettes from It Cosmetics and I find their eyeshadow formula to be amazing, so I’m sure this one is no exception.
4) Becca Ombre Rouge– I have both the Ombre Nudes (review/buy) and the Ombre Rouge. I love them both but I like the Rouge a touch more. The shades here are such rich and gorgeous nudes that it’s a no brainer that I reach for this palette more than most of the ones I have when I’m looking to do a matte neutral eyeshadow look. (review/buy)
5) Clinique All About Shadow 8-Pan Palette in A Pink Honey Affair– I don’t personally own this palette but I have several of Clinique’s palettes and they’re perfect for a naturally pretty look. The shades in A Pink Honey Affair look like they are leaning rosy gold, which is one of my favorite hues. I think this would be a beautiful palette on brown eyes.
6) Urban Decay Naked 2 Basics– I own all 3 Naked palettes and both Basics palettes. I think I like this one the most. The matte shades are so flattering and only having six choices of shades makes it so much easier for me to decide which ones to wear!
7) Make Up For Ever Artist Palette Volume 1- Nudes– I’ve been a long time fan of Make Up For Ever’s eyeshadows and this is a palette I just got that has every neutral I could want. Each gorgeous shade in this palette is super pigmented and rich and I’ve had so much fun playing. This is my newest palette and I should have a review up for you soon. I’m totally obsessed with it!
8) Too Faced Natural Eye Neutral Eyeshadow palette– This gorgeous palette is small but mighty. There are nine neutral eyeshadows, three of them being a larger size. It’s like Too Faced knows me and they know which shadows I would get the most mileage out of and they made those ones bigger. These are perfect for every day yet they have cutesy names like Cashmere Bunny and Honey Pot.
9) Smashbox Full Exposure– I love that there is a gorgeous selection of matte shadows and then an equally gorgeous row of shimmery shadows here. There are fourteen shades here from gorgeous champagne nudes to black. (review/buy)
10) Lancome Auda(city) in Paris– I haven’t purchased this, at least not yet, but it’s so tempting! I own several of Lancome’s eyeshadow singles so I own at least half of this palette already. What a gorgeous palette! There are 16 neutrals ranging from light to dark and so many shades that I own here are long time favorites of mine. Filigree (a light gold shimmer), Kitten Heel (gold copper shimmer), and Zip Me Up (deep purple shimmer) are just a few favorites. And let me tell you, Lancome does shimmers SO well. Find a primer you love (I love their Aquatique Waterproof Base) and the shimmer won’t have any fallout.
I love a good neutral eyeshadow palette. You can never own too many! Do you have any of these on your wish list right now? What’s your favorite neutral shadow palette right now?