You may not think you need tips on showering, but trust me, there are a few ways in which you can save yourself some valuable time and money in the shower, and I wanted to share some of my tips with you today. With two littles, I cherish my time that I spend in the shower because it’s literally the only time during the day I don’t have kids pulling on me. That being said, I don’t have much time to spend in there and I want to make the most of it. Go big or go home, right? Today I’m sharing five tips for saving money and time (and sanity!) during your shower.
press samples, affiliate links
1) Shower when nobody else is up (early in the morning or late at night) so that you can enjoy the experience. Literally the only time I ever shower is late at night when everyone is sleeping. If I wait to do it until during the day when the kids are underfoot, it’s not as relaxing for me. This was one thing I didn’t realize in advance about becoming a mother- you will never shower alone again!
2) Save time by using a hair mask or conditioner while you shave. Usually, the conditioner works best if it sits for a few minutes, which is how long it takes for me to shave my legs. I’ll tell you about the neat application method I’ve been using for my conditioner in the next step!
3) Use the Remington Shower Conditioning Brush. This is the neatest little invention that solves so many little problems for me. I used to use gobs of conditioner every time I washed my hair, and I would go through it WAY faster than shampoo. This nifty little invention has saved me so much money on conditioner and I’m not yanking at my hair with a hairbrush anymore after my shower. To use it, you lift off the cap and the plastic insert and put your conditioner in the reservoir. Then, using the dispense button, you are able to comb the conditioner through your hair evenly while the silicone teeth detangle your hair. I swear I use so much less conditioner with this step!
4) Use a luxury shower head. I recently upgraded the shower heads in both of my bathrooms to Delta shower heads and I’m never going back! I remember when I would use the showers in my college dorm (that was literally 11 years ago, I can’t believe that) that it was always a painful experience in the shower. The water pressure was too high and it was just unpleasant. The water came out in such a concentrated stream that it actually stung my skin to shower there.
Fast forward to now, and I have discovered that on the opposite end of the spectrum, there is a shower head that will rock your world. I look forward to taking a shower in my bathroom every day with a shower head the size of a dinner plate! In my other bathroom, we are using the Delta Temp20 Showerhead in Stainless. This is definitely the nicest shower head we’ve ever owned. There are six settings, including the Full Body Spray, Full Spray with Massage, Massage, Soft Drench Spray, Shampoo Rinsing Spray, and Shampoo Rinsing Spray with Massage. Do you ever have a hard time finding your sweet spot with the heat on your shower head? This shower head has an LED color changing digital temperature display, so you can memorize what you like for your temperature and find it again next time. My favorite feature of this shower head is actually my tip number 5 which is…
5) Use a water efficient shower head. This is another thing that makes my Temp20 my new favorite shower head. They are super water efficient and help conserve water by providing a lower flow rate. Any time I can save on my water bill I am all about it! You can read more about their water efficiency here.
All in all, this is the best shower experience you’re going to find. I am totally in love with my Delta shower heads. And if all the above mentioned points were not enough, there’s also a lifetime faucet and finish warranty.
Do you have any tips for saving time and money in the shower? Have you ever tried switching up your shower head for a different experience?