I’m actually really into fashion but you would NEVER know it by reading my blog. My weight has yo-yo’d a bunch since I started here due to having two kids two years apart. And now that I am staying home, I struggle with a wardrobe! I want to buy items that last a while, rather than things that are inexpensive and low quality and threadbare at the end of the season. I hate feeling like I am starting from scratch every time the weather changes. Yet considering that I am between kids and my weight isn’t where I want it yet, I don’t want to invest a ton of money into something that (hopefully) will be too large on me in a few months. So…that is where I came up with “mommy style”…these items are ones that are hanging in my wardrobe currently and treating me well. They are standing the test of time and they haven’t broken the bank. I believe almost everything on my list is under $50!
1) The Space Dyed Oversized Tunic Sweater is life. I bought this in four colors when I discovered it. I wore it in a size large to our family pictures which you can view on my about me page. I feel like it got stretchy as the day wore on, and I returned a few of them for a size medium. I love this shirt, it’s like a comfy oversize sweatshirt but looks great and pulled together. Wear it with a long necklace! Originally a $45 sweater, but I got mine for around $18 by stacking coupons!
2) This is the pricey item on my list. I have been wearing my Gemma Gray Stamped Initial necklace daily. Like, I can’t remember the last time I didn’t wear it! I’m totally obsessed with it. I reviewed it here. If you’re looking for something more affordable, this one is similar!
3) Maurices jeans are where it’s at for moms on a budget. I’m into the Taylor Classic Medium Wash right now. They’re made pretty well so every time I change sizes I pick up two pairs. They usually run about $30 a pair and while they don’t last forever and ever, you’ll probably get a few good years out of them. They look more expensive than they are, too!
4) I’m obsessed with scarves and their ability to act as chic accessory, keep me warm, and hide my gut when I’ve had too many pumpkin desserts. The Placed Lace Ikat Quad Scarf is where it’s at and definitely on my wish list. I have lots of scarves from Express that have lasted me seven or eight years because they are made so well.
5) Another great Express purchase I recently made was from their new One Eleven collection. The collection is meant to bring a sexy update to super soft fabrics. I absolutely love these thin One Eleven Hoodies and think they’ll be perfect for fall and spring. They are ultra soft and flattering and I’m wearing a size medium somehow (I’m almost always a large). I have several shades in this as well and could see buying them in every shade because they’re fabulous!
6) I recently went on a shoe buying binge and realized I am ALWAYS buying new black shoes every season. What’s up with that? They just get wrecked in the winter slush and I end up having to restock at the end of sandal season. These Memory Foam Comfort Quilted Ballet Flats are a great way to use your Kohl’s cash next time you go in. And these Guess Lulu Rain Boots are SO adorable and look like quilted leather from far away. You can snag them for $50 when they’re on sale for use your card discounts at Macy’s!
7) I mentioned I bought jeans at Maurices but they’re also the perfect store to buy cute long sleeve shirts. Ethnic prints are really in right now and they have a lot to choose from, like this Red Ethnic print shirt. I recently spent about $100 on shirts there plus had coupons and I got SO MANY SHIRTS. It was awesome.
8) Like I mentioned above, I got so many shirts, and this Dreamer one is one of my favorites from last week’s haul. I love it SO much and am already planning out my scarf/boot combo to wear with it!
So as you can see, most of my wardrobe consists of items from Maurices and Express! When I worked outside of the home, I got almost all of my clothing at these stores, and I’m glad to see they have some comfy casual items now that I can move around in, and still feel pretty and put together. When I shop, I always use my Retail Me Not app, seriously…look it up! They have deals that can be found in store and online. I just discovered it a month ago, and now look at me saying I always use it! Haha, I’ll never be without it again!
Where do you shop? Where are all the good deals at? Please share!