I’m a huge foundation junkie and really into Lancome, so of course I wouldn’t hold out on you when I find a new favorite! I have been wanting to try their Miracle Cushion Foundation for a while now and I’m excited to share the find with you. I think it will make a great addition to your fall makeup stash!

lancome miracle cushion foundation reviewpress sample, affiliate links

So yes, I’m really into foundation, but I’m even more of a sucker for ones that have fun application methods. Ditch the pump top, how about one where there is a squishy sponge inside? Plus awesome benefits!

The innovative cushion sponge inside this container contains over 800,000 pores to transfer the ideal amount of product for an effortless makeup application. The formula delivers intense hydration with cooling and brightening properties. You get the benefits of a BB/CC cream and the benefits of light to medium coverage! Suspended in a cushion sponge, the liquid is enclosed in an air-tight compact.

lancome miracle cushion foundation 220 buff cThe shade I have, 220 Buff C is on the lighter end of the spectrum, but I’m still trying to get lots of mileage out of this right now before the shade is too dark on my quickly fading summer tan. I’ve had this for a couple months now (I know…I really have been holding out on you!) and I’ve done some experimenting to find the perfect method of application. You can see above on the right that the compact comes with a little powder puff that you can push down into the sponge to deliver foundation. In a pinch, this will work but it’s not my favorite way. When I’ve used the puff, I end up having a hard time getting into the small crevices on my face, like around my nose. One way I have tried to apply it is with a Beauty Blender, which is without a doubt how I apply most of my foundations. The results of that are ok, but not perfect. Pushing a porous and squishy sponge into another porous and squishy sponge filled with foundation is not the best way, I find that the foundation just kind of seeps into things and doesn’t know where to go.

lancome miracle cushion spongeYou can see what happens when you push your finger down into the compact, the liquid is is there and pools up a bit. What I’ve gotten in the habit of doing is pushing a foundation brush down like this on the top and around the edges of the product and applying that way. It’s been a hot minute since I’ve used a foundation brush to be honest, probably at least a few years. It’s kind of nice to use one again and I love the effect I get from this. It’s sheer to medium coverage, which for me is enough as long as I go back in with a brightening concealer under my eyes afterwards. Unless my foundation is super full coverage, I ALWAYS go back in under my eyes, so this is not anything new.

lancome miracle cushion foundationA couple more tips to share with you….

• My skin is pretty dry normally but when I apply this foundation my face almost looks oily or plastic-y. I immediately go in with this setting powder and it turns the finish into something perfect that I love. But without a setting powder over top, it gives my skin kind of a wet-ish finish. If you’re oily, definitely use a mattifying primer with it!
  • There is a learning curve with this. The first few times I tried it I wasn’t sure what I thought. After playing with it a while, I do love it though!
  • It’s hard to know how long this will last. It’s possible to close the compact completely, but considering the shelf life of a sponge I don’t know if it will just start to dry out on its own and take the liquid foundation contents with it. Bacteria tends to breed on sponges so that is somewhat concerning.
  • There are only 0.5 oz in this product for the $46.50 price tag. Comparing it to the price of some other Lancome foundations like Teint Idole (1 oz for $46.50), and Nude Miracle (1 oz for $42) the price is pretty steep. I wonder if we’ll start seeing more of these price hikes in the foundation with unique packaging. Estรฉe Lauder just came out with a push button applicator for their Double Wear formula called Double Wear Makeup to Go and you get 0.41 oz for $45 compared to 1 oz in their regular packaging for $38. Plus, it seems like it would be harder to get out every las drop than a regular bottle.

So…what do you think of some of the unique packaging and application methods we now have for foundations? Have you purchased any? What do you think of the Lancome Miracle Cushion Foundation?

22 Comments on Lancome Miracle Cushion Foundation

• Justina
      September 29, 2015 at 1:34 pm (2 years ago)

thanks, you’re so sweet!

1. Erika
    September 29, 2015 at 3:00 pm (2 years ago)

I have an IT foundation with this same kind of delivery, it has it’s advantages and drawbacks. I definitely prefer using my Beauty Blender with it, it’s most compatible.

This foundation looks fantastic on your skin. I need to take a closer look at this, read up on ingredients and so on. I’m encouraged that it works well on your dry skin, gives me hope. ๐Ÿ˜€

2. Amber
    September 29, 2015 at 3:23 pm (2 years ago)

I haven’t tried this, but I have tried the IT cushion foundation. I wasn’t a huge fan, but then my skin isn’t perfect like yours! ๐Ÿ˜‰ It looks beautiful in the pics. Maybe I’ll have to play around with different primers and setting powders to see if I can make it work.

3. Ashley
    September 29, 2015 at 3:30 pm (2 years ago)

I have the Cushion BB Cream from Target to try. Thanks for the tips girl!

4. Eugenia
    September 29, 2015 at 4:10 pm (2 years ago)

I have not tried this one before but have tried other brands with the same packaging. I have not found one that doesn’t make me look oily though!

5. Aleya Bamdad
    September 29, 2015 at 4:19 pm (2 years ago)

It was worth the time that it took for you to perfect this look. You look great.

6. Heather
    September 29, 2015 at 5:05 pm (2 years ago)

I haven’t been a big fan of products like this, I just feel like they are germ central heheh. Great look though girlie!

7. BeautyJudy
    September 29, 2015 at 7:29 pm (2 years ago)

You rock this foundation! I have a cushion foundation from Pur Minerals and I like it, the coverage is great and I use a dual-ended IT Cosmetics foundation/concealer brush to apply it, I get flawless results! I just wish the brand had more of a color range as the lightest shade is too dark, I’ll have to check Lancome and see if they have a match for me!

8. Mercedes
    September 29, 2015 at 10:07 pm (2 years ago)

You look great. I have been super curious about these cushion foundations.

9. MarciaF
    September 29, 2015 at 10:44 pm (2 years ago)

My cushion foundations don’t seem like they have the same amount as a bottle would yet the prices are close to the same. The coverage is great on you though.

10. Kath Thefabzilla
    September 30, 2015 at 12:38 am (2 years ago)

Never tried cushion foundation like this so I’m interested to get my hands on it

11. Renu
    September 30, 2015 at 6:39 am (2 years ago)

I love those Korean cushion compacts so this has been on my wishlist from the time I started seeing reviews about a month ago. But too bad about the oily finish. I already have terribly oily skin so will give this a miss.

12. Anastasia
    September 30, 2015 at 9:13 am (2 years ago)

I tried cushion foundations before, and I agree, they do seem overpriced, mainly because of their packaging.

13. Miranda | Slashed Beauty
    September 30, 2015 at 9:37 am (2 years ago)

I’m so jealous of your skin. The foundation is so pretty and even!

14. Jamie | Makeup Life and Love
    September 30, 2015 at 11:55 am (2 years ago)

You look absolutely stunning. This sounds pretty cool, and I am glad you pointed out a learning curve cause i would so be that person who would apply WAYYYYYY to much. Cushion foundations are new and totally “in” right now. I might have to check this out for sure.

15. Laura MyNewestAddiction
    September 30, 2015 at 2:43 pm (2 years ago)

I am a big fan of these types of compact foundations. I feel like they are great coverage and still breathable.

16. Nidia - Lit From Within
    September 30, 2015 at 4:20 pm (2 years ago)

You look tanned and rested with this foundation. wow. I haven’t tried cushion compacts, yet – I have some of the same concerns about not being able to see how much is left, and the cleanliness of the sponge. Plus, they do seem ridiculously overpriced at the moment. Maybe when the excitement dies down, we’ll see the prices get more reasonable.

17. Lisa Heath
    September 30, 2015 at 6:26 pm (2 years ago)

I’m intrigued by this, but don’t think it would be for me. I will probably still buy it though just to squash my curiousity

18. Honeygirlk
    October 1, 2015 at 12:40 pm (2 years ago)

This looks fabulous on you. I have been intrigued by this foundation since I seen it in a magazine last month. If I used foundation, I would totally check it out. ๐Ÿ™‚