press samples, affiliate links, things I bought myself
When the season changes to Fall, I’m reminded of all of my guilty indulgences. I truly feel that this is the season of guilty pleasures. It’s back to school shopping time and parents are out buying their children new clothes and stocking up on end of the season clearance items for next year. Starbucks comes out with the Pumpkin Spice Latte and just in honor of hot drinks making a comeback people feel compelled to buy them. Our tans start to fade and we want to reach for new makeup items, and maybe reach for fuller coverage and longer lasting products since they’re not in danger of rubbing off at the beach. It seems like all of my friends are sporting a different haircut or color lately too in honor of the end of summer and the start of Fall. One thing definitely rings true this time of year- a lot of people are out shopping!
Today I wanted to share with you some things I am drawn towards when I shop as well as a few other things I love. My guilty pleasures, if you will. If you are new to my blog today, welcome! I would love to hear what some of your guilty pleasures are, so make sure to leave me a comment!
1) Coffee and tea. I start every single day with a cup of coffee or two. Starbucks is a true guilty pleasure, but I’m trying to cut back and brew my own at home. If you have a great iced coffee recipe that doesn’t have a TON of sugar, please share! OR a good at home recipe for the Flat White. Decaf tea is my drink of choice for before bedtime.
2) Target. The Red Dot Boutique is pretty much my favorite place to go EVER. I can’t get out of there without spending at least $100. I just bought all new bathroom organization for my makeup last time I was in there, and stocked up on my fake plant collection, because they had them all on clearance!
3) A good clearance deal. I don’t know if everyone does this or just me, but every time I shop I head straight for the clearance section. I am always looking for a great deal and I am obsessed with my newly discovered Retail me Not app- I can search all available coupons online or in store from the app. It is so cool!
4) Ombré hair. We have all salivated over the ombré hair style on Pinterest whether we wear it ourselves or not. A few years ago I went subtle ombré and found it to be the perfect low maintenance mom-do. I love that I can still go and treat myself to a hair cut and color and brighten up a few layers, but it’s not urgent that I go and get it touched up every 6-8 weeks. I was craving a change last winter and went dark but I couldn’t stay away and got re-ombré’d a few months ago.
5) Under eye products. Anything that promises to take away under eye bags, brighten, conceal, etc. is on my wish list or in my makeup bag. I’m legit obsessed with concealer, serum, and anything brightening. Even if I’m carrying around a small makeup bag, guaranteed half the contents are targeted at my under eye area.
6) Berry lipstick. A new lipstick is the perfect pick me up. I am always searching for a new berry shade. Estée Lauder True Liar is a recent favorite and newly released item I just got off my wish list.
7) Coordinating baby outfits. This is a product of having two little girls, but man, I can’t resist an adorable matchy-matchy kids outfit. Call it overkill, but I would totally buy some of those outfits in MY size so we could look like triplets if they came that big!
8) Becca highlighter. Every time they come out with a new highlighter, I buy it the day of launch. They are so finely milled and beautiful that I need each one in my collection! I have been collecting all of their Beach tints as well and am on my second Ombre Rouge palette from them too. Other instances in which I can’t control my wallet include when Urban Decay comes out with a new Naked palette and when the Christmas launches come out from pretty much anywhere.
9) Holiday makeup launches. Every year Christmas stuff comes out sooner than it did the previous year. I vividly remember last year being laid up in a hospital bed on September 11th, waiting for my daughter to be born. I was super antsy and kept checking my email every 5 minutes because what else do you do when your family is about to get a new member and you are trying to kill time? I got some emails announcing holiday launches and was scrolling through and reading reviews. I think I may have placed an order for some double decker makeup cases and lipstick sets while I was laying in the hospital bed.
10) Facial oils. I have super dry skin naturally so I am drawn to anything promising hydration. Every time one of my favorite brands comes out with a new facial oil, I HAVE to have it. I have been using this Kiehl’s Daily Reviving Concentrate lately but I have found so many favorites.
What are some of your guilty pleasures? Leave your top 10 in the comments if you want, I’d love to read them!