press sample, affiliate links
There is so much out there for skincare right now, it can get confusing! If you really wanted to, you could probably go through ten steps in your skincare routine and there would STILL be things you’re missing out on. I’m really making an effort lately to pare down my skincare routine and review less skincare in the interest of simplifying (more on that in a post later this week), so is a “treatment essence” something that I really need?
When I first saw this, I was unsure what to think. The whole name of this new skincare product is the Iris Extract Activating Treatment Essence. It comes in a large 6.8 fl. oz. bottle with a hole in the top and retails at $45. So an essence- is it a cleansing water, or…? No, it’s not a cleansing water. You’re not going to remove your makeup with it at all. This is basically the first step in your skincare treatment, before serums, eye cream, moisturizer or anything else but after washing your face!
- Unique, velvety liquid concentrate delivers anti-aging and hydrating ingredients to skin’s surface layers.
- With Iris Florentina Root Extract, known for its deeply nourishing and anti-aging benefits to skin.
- With Lipo Hydroxy Acid (LHA) to activate skin’s natural exfoliation process and Sodium Hyaluronate to replenish skin and smooth fine lines.
- Visibly improves the appearance of fine lines, dullness, and rough texture over time
- Your essential “first step” anti-aging treatment to maintain skin’s youthful texture.
All you have to do is take 2-3 drops and pat and rub it in to your face and neck. Any more than that is too much! I’ve been using it morning and night, before the rest of my skincare. The biggest thing I’ve noticed is that it takes me to a place of hydration and supple skin that I don’t normally reach until after applying all of my skincare. After using a few drops of this, my skin feels hydrated, firm, smooth, and balanced. I do think this adds something special to my skincare routine and I’m loving it so far. On days when I’m feeling lazy, I’m not reaching for it, but I never regret applying this before my serums and moisturizer! I love that it makes my skin look and feel perfect before I’ve even touched the rest of my skincare.
Have you used an “essence?” These are totally new to me! I’ll be curious if this sticks with my skincare regimen long term! So far so good!