press samples, bought myself, affiliate links
When we are talking about awesome long wearing makeup, oftentimes a good lip stain comes to mind. When I am doing my makeup in the summer months, I have a lot of action packed days that include the park, working out, and a lot of running around and sweating. I don’t feel like reapplying makeup a bunch of times throughout the day, so I will reach for a lip stain that will last me through hours of running around and drinking and eating lunch. Here are a few gems I’ve discovered over the years.
1. Josie Maran Coconut Watercolor Lip Stain and Shine– I owned a few of these over the years in their older packaging. The old formula and packaging also had a felt tip that went on pretty dry, but this new and updated version also has a gloss infused with hydrating coconut water and argan oil. The shade range is different but still looks pretty similar!
2. Shu Uemura Tint in Gelato is a glossy stain that can be worn on the lips or the cheeks. The shades are so pretty and the formula is velvety soft. You can read my review from last summer here.
3. Make Up For Ever Aqua Rouge is a liquid lip color on one end and an impossibly shiny gloss on the other. This is the most pigmented stain on the market that I have found. They come in tons of colors and the color doesn’t budge whatsoever. There is a huge range of brights, neutrals, and dark shades. LOVE!
4. Pur Pout Pain Lip Stain & Hydrating Balm has a precision felt tip on end and a balm on the other end. Despite being a bright shade, the balms go on clear. This has a slightly drier formula and it took me a few tries to get used to this. The shades I have are Mai Tai and Sangria and go on slightly sheer but bright. Considering how dry the formula is, I hope these don’t dry out completely before I’m done using them! I also wish the balm was retractable.
5. Benetint is the first stain that I ever found. I love using this on my lips and cheeks. The brush that comes with it is like a nail polish brush. This stuff sets super fast so you need to move quickly on your cheeks or you will be left with patchiness. I also think on the cheeks this works best with a cream formula rather than powder makeup. The brush also tickles my lips but it does last forever and the shade of red this comes in is perfect. Over the years, they now have a Lollitint, Posietint, and several other shades to choose from.
6. Sephora Rouge Infusion Lip Stain was an impulse buy about a year ago. I have Coral Extract, which is a really nice my lips but better shade. I think it’s very comparable to other more expensive lip products on the market, and performs really well. This shade doesn’t budge all day. Now if I could only find it in my stash!
Do you have a favorite lip stain? Share it with me in the comments below!