I have felt a major pull to buy something new and exciting lately. I’m sure it’s the change in weather. We’ve had some really beautiful days, and then it SNOWED out of nowhere. Five inches to be exact. Of course, even though it was the end of March when it happened, I was hoping that Winter was long past, so I had put away all the coats, and was prepping for warmer weather. I live in Wisconsin, where it can be hot one day and snowing the next well into May. It’s hard to live that way and it makes me want to go and buy every Spring collection there is out there just to get my hands on something pretty and new!
I have realized that what I am actually wanting for is not something new necessarily, but something pretty and seasonal. Something that screams Spring. Something that has gorgeous packaging AND performs really well. A pretty pick-me-up if you will. So…I’m shopping my stash. Here’s what I came up with!
1) Too Faced Cat Eyes palette is gorgeous. There are nine shades in one palette- matte, shimmer, and glitter textures. Three can be worn wet and dry. You can create a neutral look or something sassy, there are so many options!
2) Paul & Joe Girafe is a palette that contains stunning shades in copper, brown, silver and gold inspired by the safari. The animals imprinted in the palette are SO cute and can be worn on the face or the eyes. Ménagerie lipstick is a fresh coral that is so pretty for spring or any time of the year, and I love the beautiful packaging of the cardboard tube.
3) MAC Goddess of the Sea is a really stunning purple lipstick encased in what might be my favorite makeup packaging ever. A bright aqua case with beautiful fake water droplets. My heart skips a beat just looking at it! Ha, dramatic much, I kid, but seriously…I love it. And it was limited edition. Can’t wait to see what they put out this summer!
4) Another Paul & Joe product, their Face Color has the most beautiful packaging for a blush! I love the scroll work on the outside. And the color and formula isn’t too shabby either, super pigmented and lasts all day. Who could ask for anything more!
6) Benefit Big Easy was a splurge that I bought almost a year ago. I really liked it at the time then ended up not reaching for it much. I also don’t think I ever reviewed it. It’s a liquid to powder formula that conceals mostly everything and has SPF in it too! I need to reach for this more, because I really like it! The packaging is super fun to look at.
7) Tarte came out with Power Pigment Lipsurgence either last year. I love them and the packaging is really special! I love that the lippies match the blush sticks. They are just so pretty! Read more about them here.
8) Bathina is a shimmering, glistening, body balm. It is similar to the hue of Benefit’s High Beam when applied to the skin. It is one of my favorite body illuminators. I love the vintage packaging and it’s so fun to apply. I also love the scent. I remember the night I bought this it was raining and it was April and I thought it smelled like Spring should smell, and I decided to buy it! They also have a Bathina perfume that I would love to buy at some point when I need a pick me up. Talk about a fresh, beautiful scent! I’m also a fan of the Lollibalm, which comes across as a light purple, hydrating balm.
9) Julie Hewett’s Noir lipsticks come in the most beautiful gold tubes with a swirl at the base. I am in love. They are so luxe looking, I feel like Audrey Hepburn when I apply it.
10) Rouge Bunny Rouge has the most beautiful Colour Burst lipsticks. I love everything from the packaging to the way the tip of the lipstick is cut. It’s beautiful in the tube but even better on.
11) I couldn’t do a pretty packaging post without Lancome’s Rouge in Love lipsticks. The beautiful silver bullet is gorgeous and I love displaying it on my vanity. It’s so pretty to wear and use. I love everything about it!