press samples, affiliate links
I don’t often venture into the realm of orange lipsticks, but they can be really fun. It’s officially Spring, so I’m feeling like I want to celebrate and get outside of my comfort zone. A really easy way to try orange is to do sheer, do something more muted, do something leaning towards coral, or just go all in. I have options in each of these categories!
1) Laura Mercier Coral Reef Paint Wash Liquid Lip Color is a liquid demi-matte. It is a rich, pigmented full coverage liquid lipstick that dries to a beautiful orange-coral shade. I am loving this shade right now and have been wearing it a bunch. It is pretty budge proof, so a perfect option for me when I want to go bright.
2) Face Stockholm Ladakh Lipstick is a chili powder color. It’s a more muted way of pulling off orange, but it is still somewhat vibrant. This has a creamy texture that I love.
3) Paul & Joe Ménagerie is a fresh coral that is just a light boost of color for me. It goes on somewhat sheer but can be built up to a semi opacity as depicted below. I love the pretty packaging, but I also love the way this hydrates my lips and it’s really flattering!
4) Face Stockholm Upbeat is the color of a cherry tomato. It is a bright, in yo’ face orange that I love. It’s really creamy in texture, stays on a long time, and is a refreshing blast of color. This isn’t for the faint of heart, and that’s what I love about it. I love using this when I’m wearing a black tshirt to up the WOW factor in my outfit for the day!
5) Bite Beauty BB for Lips in Flush is the easiest way for me to pull off orange on the fly. I don’t even need a mirror for this one. It’s super sheer and has a slight taste of creamsicle. I love this and it’s super hydrating and perfect! I reviewed several more shades here.
L-R: Face Stockholm Upbeat, Paul & Joe Ménagerie, Bite Beauty BB for lips in Flush, Face Stockholm Ladakh, Laura Mercier Coral Reef
Do you dig orange lipstick? Would you wear it? Are the Face Stockholm Upbeat type or do you prefer something more sheer like Bite Beauty BB in Flush?