In the months leading up to winter, I was on top of my lip balm game. Wearing it every night to bed, applying it several times a day, and exfoliating my lips regularly. About a month ago I stopped doing it for whatever reason, and my lips became horridly dry. I wear a lot of matte lipstick, so my lips started looking horrendous almost immediately. In typical Justina fashion, I have no less than twelve lip products set aside to help me get the moisture back to my lips. Check ’em out below!
press samples, bought myself, affiliate links1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11
1) C.O. Bigelow has long since carried some of my favorite lip products. I’ve been using their products since middle school. My all time favorite item from their line is their lip scrub, which is discontinued. The Mentha Supreme has twice the minty fresh powers, and I love it!
2) Blood Orange and Mint Julep have pure essential oils with a hint of fragrance. The little tins they come in are adorable and I want to tote them everywhere. I love spreading this on my lips in a thin layer.
3) Altchek MD Doctor’s Skin Remedy has multiple uses, including being worn on the lips. I don’t see it available online anymore, but you can buy it at Ulta and read my review here.
4) Soap & Glory Great Kisser is a wonderful, thick balm for the lips that I love! I got this tin a couple years ago and it’s still going strong. Side note: has anyone else EVER run out of lip balm that comes in a tin? I swear they are impossible to use up!
5) Smith’s Strawberry Lip Balm is an old favorite that also comes in a tin. I love the strawberry scent and this is perfect for nighttime wear.
6) I gave the ZuZu Luxe- Lip RX Kit to my mom to try this winter and she said it’s the best chapped lip treatment duo she has ever tried. It’s made from 100% natural ingredients including castor seed oil and shea butter. The lip exfoliator is not gritty like you might expect an exfoliator to be but it is soft and creamy and comes in a lipstick tube, making it easy to tote around. The RX stick is incredibly moisturizing and even stays on while drinking coffee. There is no annoying taste involved with these products which is an added bonus!
7) Mwah has many lip products but the one I love best is the one that comes in the slider tub. The way it’s shaped I don’t even have to put my finger in it if I don’t want to, I can just slide it across my lips. I like the Sweet Tart flavor.
8) Fresh Sugar Lip Polish is thebomb.com. I love the exfoliation, the brown sugar scent, and the way my lips feel when I use it!
9) Fresh also has lots of awesome lippies, some of which are tinted. Honey is a recent fave.
10) Teadora’s Lip Butter actually exfoliates AND is a lip balm. I reviewed it here.
11) Dr. Lipp is normally what I reach for when my lips are in seriously bad shape. A couple hours on my lips and they are good as new, no matter how chapped they were to start. It’s 100% lanolin that is the ticket, so head to your nearest breastfeeding section for some nipple balm if you’re interested in this type of results.
A couple items that snuck out of the picture were my Bite Agave Lip Mask in Champagne and my new Burt’s Bees Pomegranate Lip Balm. I can’t find my lip mask, which would seriously make it the SECOND Bite Lip Mask that I’ve misplaced (WTF is my problem?! Why can’t I misplace my $1 things and not my expensive things?) The Burt’s Bees Pomegranate though…man. It has some sort of magic oils in it that make my lips feel so replenished that it’s hard to believe it’s $3. You need to get some, it is WAY too good to be true. And best yet, Burt’s Bees just came out with a squeezable tube formula as well. I am all over it and I’ve got Burt’s Bees coming out of my ears over here. I have one in every diaper bag, pants and coat pocket around and about 5 backups in the junk drawer. I can’t be without!
What’s your go to lippie for the winter months? Obviously I have an insane amount, but I can’t stop buying them!