Turn on any weather station this week in the midwest and the forecast is likely to read somewhere along the lines of “colder than hell.” I’m not into any winter sports, I hate being cold, I hate hunting, and I hate snow. Boo winter. There’s nothing in it for me. The only things about colder weather I find enjoyable are cuddling, chai tea, and luxurious skincare products.
My skin is pretty dry to begin with, but add a polar vortex to the mix and I quit. Somewhere between Thanksgiving and Christmas I threw a bunch of skincare products into a box on my bathroom counter and I’ve been rotating through them for weeks to try and keep my skin happy. I’ve been pretty pleased with these products- some are new to me and some are old favorites that I pulled out to use. Don’t label me an expert on all of these products though- I’m only going to tell you how they’re working out for me and how long I’ve been using them and some are still newish to my routine!
press sample, bought myself, affiliate links
1) Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Capsules: I talked about these here. These are probably my favorite skincare item from Elizabeth Arden. I’ve been using these for over a month now and I’m really enjoying how silky smooth they make my skin feel. They pair well with other serums too.
2) Lumene Bright Now Visible Repair Day Cream: I typically don’t use a lot of drugstore skin care, but everything I’ve tried from this brand so far has really impressed me. This day cream has SPF 15, absorbs really well into my skin, and has a nice and hydrating feel to it. If I didn’t know it was inexpensive, I’d never know by feeling it on my face.
3) The Body Shop Hemp Hand Oil is the one and only reason I haven’t had cracked dry skin on my knuckles this winter. A single drop on the backs of my hands leaves them SO hydrated you’d never know it’s winter. Here’s the kicker though- they’ve discontinued it. They were selling these on clearance for $6 each in store the other day, but I didn’t go for it. I’m hoping they’re reformulating and it will be back and better than ever. In the meantime, I love this other hemp product from The Body Shop!
4) Clarks Botanicals Cellular Lifting Moisture Mist: Dare I say this is my favorite facial spray that I’ve tried? I’ve tried a bunch but none of them actually tingle besides this one. I have to hold the frosted glass container several inches from my face so it mists me rather than leaving large droplets of the solution on my face. But once it’s on, it seems to perform some sort of juju and I can just barely feel something happening on my face. It’s really cool. It’s also alcohol free, anti bacterial, anti aging, and has some rare Swiss Apple Stem Cells.
5) Whish CC Body Cream and Self Tanner are two products I plan on cracking open soon. Don’t you agree that everyone can benefit from a little color in their skin in the winter though? I am excited to see how well they work for me. Stay tuned!
6) Environ Intensive Revival Masque has been my favorite find this winter so far. I’m using it every single night lately overtop of my serums as my nighttime moisturizer. It’s technically a mask, and it’s formulated to target signs of aging, including uneven, dry, and photo-damaged skin. The person who created this is a world renowned plastic and reconstructive surgeon and he refers to it as a “facelift in a bottle.” I am not old enough to need a facelift, but I can tell you when I use this my fine lines seem to be filled in almost immediately, my skin goes from parched to perfect in just a couple seconds, and it is basically a miracle. I sleep in it and in the morning I can splash water on my face and be good to go.
7) Dermarose Swiss Rose Stem Cell Anti-aging Eye Serum: I’m not sure how much this is doing for my eye area, but it sure feels good! The bottle is huge and one pump more than covers both eyes. Stem cells obtained from the Swiss Rose have been shown to have the same protective and regenerative effect on human skin cells as they do on rose petals. The serum is also proven to reduce dark circles, puffiness and fine lines. I’m not sleeping much these days but if I notice a dramatic difference when I reach the end of this bottle, you’ll be the first to know.
8) L’Occitane Divine Oil: This does so many great things for my skin and it smells good. Lately, I’ll wear this and only this to bed if I’m too lazy to do all my serums and the Environmask. I also add it to my routine on days my skin is super dry. Believe it or not, if I use this and let it sink in, makeup looks flawless applied overtop of this!
9) Repéchage Vita Cura Triple Action Nutri Créme was another great find recently. It has loads of great ingredients, is super thick and extremely hydrating, and can be worn on the face or the body. I tried it on both, and it was awesome. I never think to apply body products to my face, but in this case it worked, and was very softening.
10) Kiehl’s Hydro-Plumping Re-texturizing Serum Concentrate is something I reviewed here. I am close to finished with this. I definitely can notice a difference when I don’t use this. My skin just feels a little off and not quite as hydrated as I would like. For me, it is akin to drinking lots of water- my skin feels moisturized from the inside out.
11) Murad White Clay Body Cleanser and Rejuvenating AHA Hand Cream are from the Youth Builder Body Care Preview Set. Both felt very pampering to use. The body cleanser foamed up really nicely and felt really soft over my stretch marks. Ah, yes…a true sign of aging is finding things to smooth out your lumps and bumps. It really was the ticket though! And the hand cream smelled slightly herbal and did a great job moisturizing my hands.
Well, that wraps it up. These are just a few things I’ve got my paws in lately. I’m sure it will continue to rotate as the season drags on. Anything you can’t live without right now? I’m always on the prowl for new skincare so check back soon and I’m sure I’ll have something else that’s sure to change my life!