press samples, affiliate links, bought myself
I have so many concealers that I love and could never choose between. Considering they are not normally hugely expensive even if they are high end, if I hear about a new one, I always want to try it. Here are ten that I’ve tried and really like. Some of them rotate in and out and others have earned permanent placement in my bathroom.
1) Josie Maran Argan Creamy Concealer Crayon– I read about this on Makeup Life Love and had never heard of it before so I was intrigued. It’s really super duper creamy and I love that it’s in a crayon form. It’s very creamy and blendable, and never goes on patchy because it’s so hydrating. It comes with a self-sharpening, twist-up tip. It works great on all of the things I need it for- uneven skin tone, blemishes, dark circles, redness, you name it. My shade is Light 1.
2) Benefit Erase Paste holds a special place in my heart because it’s the first concealer I’ve ever owned. I bought it in college and immediately fell in love with the thick, creamy texture and the salmon undertones. I’m convinced there is nothing better for covering undereye circles. My summer shade is medium, and my winter shade unfortunately falls somewhere between light and medium. There is not much shade range and it’s a pain to mix so I often forget about this, but if I take the time to concoct my own shade, it’s well worth the time.
3) Pur Minerals Disappearing Ink Concealer is a twist up pen concealer that comes through a sponge tip. It offers great coverage, skincare ingredients, and doesn’t get caught in my fine lines under my eyes. It gives a brightening effect as well and my dark spots don’t peek through!
4) Make Up For Ever HD Invisible Cover Concealer goes on like a second skin. I can’t tell I’m wearing anything under my eyes but everything is covered. I also use this to cover a broken capillary on my forehead, which it does perfectly. It’s a thin liquid that dries and conceals, unlike many of the other formulas that are thick and creamy. The liquid comes out of a silicone applicator whatever has been twisted up and goes unused in the applicator stays there and sometimes dries and has to be pushed out and wasted later. That’s the only thing I don’t love about this.
5) Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer– This is a concealer in a wand with a sponge tip. I love the texture and think this brightens up my skin tone pretty well. It conceals just about anything and is buildable in coverage. I love that it doesn’t crease and I look flawless when I use it. I like it well enough that I’ve bought it in two different shades during different times of the year.
6) Clinique Line Smoothing Concealer is a concealer that looks great on everybody who wears it. I say this with confidence because when I worked for Clinique I put this on everyone who sat down with me, and it looked great on every single one of them, regardless of age or skincare issues! I love how this brightens my skin up and is so easy to use. It’s the same type of application as the Nars. The technology here “bridges” fine lines and wrinkles, smoothing and minimizing them for an instantly firmer look.
7) Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream Eyes Broad Spectrum SPF 15 is one of my favorite beauty finds of the year. This has a brush top applicator that the product comes out of. There are skincare benefits here with the BB ingredients and the formula reduces the appearance of puffiness, visibly smoothes fine lines and wrinkles and improves firmness. I have also used this around my nose and on my brown bone, and it will reduce redness and create a lifted brow look. Over time, this works not only to cover imperfections but also to reduce them over time!
8) It Cosmetics Eye Lift in a Tube is a two in one- there’s a tube of Bye Bye Under Eye Concealer on one end, and a Hello Light Liquid Brightener on the other. Holy wow is this ever amazing stuff. It creates that “lit from within” look everyone is always after. If you’re not familiar with It Cosmetics, their products were created by plastic surgeons. Read: they know how to make you look your very best without going under the knife. I think this works very similarly to YSL Touche Eclat except it is nicer and provides better coverage and more brightening.
9) Tarte Colored Clay CC Undereye Corrector is really similar to Benefit Erase Paste, but with the benefits of color-correcting colored clay. This formula works to hydrate, condition, and soothe skin and the colored clay helps the formula last longer, and offers color correcting to offset the looks of dark circles and discoloration. I like that I can dip my finger in this and it’s in a handy closeable compact. You could use a brush but I just use my finger. It comes in only two shades so that’s a little depressing but the lighter of the two is a good shade on me so I don’t mind!
10) Laura Mercier High Coverage Concealer for Under Eye is a 3-in-1 concealer that covers, de-puffs, and brightens under eye circles. It’s a in a squeezy tube and there’s a ton in there considering how little you need to make a difference. I reviewed it here.
I hope I’ve touched upon some pros and cons of each of my favorites that might help you narrow a formula down for yourself. I’m a concealer addict and I know I own way too many, but if you had the hereditary dark circles I have, you would be hoarding this business too.
What’s your favorite? Is it on my list?