I am all about products that multi task. People always say that busy moms want a product that can perform many functions. But seriously, doesn’t everyone take interest in products like that? I love using products that do lots of things.
One such product I have discovered recently is Bio-Oil. I’ve always seen it in stores but I’ve never actually tried it until just now. I’m kind of kicking myself now for buying more expensive oils for my stretch marks and other things now. This stuff rocks. I’ll detail some of my favorite ways you can use this below:
- Under eyes to keep the eye area hydrated. I love the idea of using oil under my eyes for this purpose. Another non- eye cream product I’ve used around my eyes is a Vitamin E stick from Reviva Labs. I’ve also heard Khloe Kardashian uses Aquaphor around her eyes, although I’m sure she was paid good money by someone to say that so who knows if it’s true.
- Use it on your nails and cuticles. Oil is great for that!
- Use this as a way to soften stretch marks as they fade. The more moisture they get, the less red they look!
- A drop of Bio-Oil in shampoo can reduce an itchy and flaky scalp. This is a great tip. I’ve also used oils as a “mask” by rubbing them into my scalp and then taking a shower. It really helps!
- Putting some on a cotton ball helps to remove makeup and condition lashes. I have even found that using oil on my lashes helps them to grow stronger, thicker, and longer. Who needs Latisse?
- Use a little bit on your lips to soften them. I often do this at night and wake up with seriously hydrated lips.
- Use this as a pre-shave treatment or on your legs after your shower/shave. It keeps my smooth legs even smoother!
- Use as a hair serum or to tame pesky fly-aways. I usually do this with whatever is left on my hands. I will work the leftover product into my cuticles and then run my hands through my hair.
- Add it to your favorite bronzer or tinted moisturizer for a dewy look. Just don’t add too much or you’ll look greasy!
- Add a little to the bath tub for a skin softening treat. I don’t often take a bath, but I love this one for my daughter. Her skin gets really dry and she loves the bath.
- Use on rough spots like elbows and knees.
- Apply this to your feet at night and then put socks on to trap the moisture inside. You will wake up with super soft feet!
I am really loving Bio-Oil. It’s unscented, and the bottle is huge. The formula contains calendula, rosemary, chamomile, and lavender, plus Vitamins A&E. With all of those different extracts, you would think there would be a strong smell, but there isn’t one at all. It leaves my skin super soft and because there’s no scent, it doesn’t compete with my perfume. The hole in the top is big enough that I can get the product out fast, but it doesn’t sputter out too quickly and get wasted. This product really does it all, and I’m especially excited to use it in the winter as it gets colder out. I’m trying to stay ahead of my dryness by keeping my skin super hydrated at all times!
I’m loving this multitasker. Do you have a favorite multi tasking product?