After seeing the first couple reviews of these rolling in, I knew I needed to pick up a Colored Clay Tinted Brow Gel for myself. I saw that tarte, which is one of my favorite brands ever, had released these as part of their fall launch, and coincidentally I was looking for a new brow product. So here we are!

tarte colored clay tinted brow gelbought myself, affiliate links

The appeal here for me was the promise of a “subtle brow boost.” I have been using the Anastasia Dip Brow Pomade for the past several months, and while I love the product, it’s kind of high maintenance and requires me to get a very crisp and perfect brow every time. That’s great and all, but sometimes it’s nice to go the subtle and low maintenance route instead.

This product has a wand applicator with tiny little bristles, and the colored clay and peptides in the formula work to condition and smooth the brows and deposit the perfect amount of product while reducing surface oil to keep the pigment in place all day.

tarte colored clay brow gel 2My biggest issue was deciding which color to choose. I knew taupe would be too light, but wasn’t sure if I should go with medium brown or rich brown. I typically go for a darker brown shade when I can, but considering there were only three choices, I was kind of stumped! My main concern was that the color I chose would end up having a red cast, because I knew that wouldn’t be right on me. I eventually turned to QVC and watched some of their footage on the product and realized that my perfect shade match would be medium brown.

colored clay brow gel medium brownI’ve really been enjoying this product. It’s not going to make you look like you have a thick set of eyebrows if you don’t already, but it’s good for filling in slightly sparse areas. If you have super patchy and balding eyebrows, you would want something fuller coverage than this. I found that the two quick coats I did of this gave me a set of face framing eyebrows I could be happy with! It darkened and shaped them for me without being overly dramatic. The picture on top is with no brow product, and the bottom picture is with the Colored Clay Tinted Brow Gel.

before pic tarte clay brow gelafter pic tarte clay brow gel

Have you tried this yet or is this something that you will be picking up? I’m curious how everyone else is liking this!

16 Comments on Tarte Colored Clay Tinted Brow Gel

1. Jessica T
    September 10, 2014 at 10:18 am (3 years ago)

Looks great on you, the color definitely ended up being a perfect match. I use mine pretty much every single day, it makes a huge difference to me and is my favorite brow product of all time! I was using Mally 24/7 which I also loved, but this blows it out of the water. I even got complimented on my brows (at Sephora) and was told I have perfect brows which is far from the case as they are in serious need of a wax, but this product gave me the definition and shape I needed. LOVE!

• justina
      September 10, 2014 at 11:49 am (3 years ago)

So glad you recommended it to me! I love it!

2. Never Say Die Beauty
    September 10, 2014 at 11:59 am (3 years ago)

Looks great! I’m a redhead and finding a good shade can be a challenge for me. My eyebrows are dyed to go with my hair by my colorist and right after my color is applied, I don’t need anything. I just bought MAC brow gel, and I have to review it soon. However, Milani’s naturally chic lip pencil is the perfect shade for my brows, lol!

3. Erika
    September 10, 2014 at 12:18 pm (3 years ago)

I do love Tarte.

4. Aleya Bamdad
    September 10, 2014 at 1:09 pm (3 years ago)

My brows make me look like a crazy woman so I’ll be sure to check this out.

5. Ange
    September 10, 2014 at 5:01 pm (3 years ago)

This is totally something that I need!!

6. Jess Scull
    September 10, 2014 at 5:17 pm (3 years ago)

This looks promising! Adding to my never ending sephora cart!

7. Sheila
    September 10, 2014 at 7:04 pm (3 years ago)

Oh, wow, this is pretty! I totally agree with you about Dipbrown – very high maintenance!

8. Amber
    September 10, 2014 at 7:31 pm (3 years ago)

I love that this sounds so easy to use on those days I don’t want to do a full on brow.

9. Betzy Carmona
    September 10, 2014 at 10:56 pm (3 years ago)

This looks amazing but I can’t justify the price

10. Laura MyNewestAddiction
    September 10, 2014 at 11:15 pm (3 years ago)

i like this to go over something else, but on its own it isn’t enough

11. Nidia - Lit From Within
    September 11, 2014 at 12:52 am (3 years ago)

I’ve become fascinated with brow products. I still haven’t found the right shape for my brows, though. I want fierce brows!

12. Leelo R
    September 11, 2014 at 4:01 am (3 years ago)

It looks great on you. I have used similar brown gel with wand from e.l.f, but I hated it. This one seems pretty good one and so I mmight try it.

13. Brittany
    September 11, 2014 at 7:35 am (3 years ago)

I’m so afraid to use these because I feel like I’d be too heavy handed but you have made this look beautiful on your brows!

14. Kendra
    September 11, 2014 at 7:56 am (3 years ago)

I have yet to try this one..but I love the clay liner in this collection a ton!

15. Brooke @ Blushing Noir
    September 11, 2014 at 10:14 am (3 years ago)

That looks fantastic! I wish my brows weren’t so sparse. =( I always have to fill them in before gel.