press samples, bought for myself, affiliate links
I can’t believe we are already a couple days into August! It blows my mind that summer is practically through, students will be going back to class, our family is growing in five short weeks, the weather will all cool down, etc. In August I always feel like I am scrambling to get through everything I want to do before the weather turns chilly. Now more than ever that we will be welcoming a new one, I feel the urge to complete everything on my to do lists and live it up this next couple weeks. Today I want to share with you some of my favorite things in the last month. I’ve been using all of this stuff non stop!
1) Home Magazines: I haven’t mentioned it officially on the blog, but we have made an offer on a house! We are set to close the week I am due (not my choice, believe me) if all goes well. My fingers are crossed. I want to go in full-on nesting mode but instead I need to start packing boxes again. In the meantime, I’m keeping my sanity by window shopping online, pinning the crap out of home stuff, and reading Do it Yourself, REAL SIMPLE Magazine, and anything else I can get my hands on. I am also finding decorating blogs super helpful, like this one.
2) I reviewed the Kiehl’s cleanser shown here a couple days ago. I am so in love with this stuff. I rarely get hooked on a cleanser, and usually repurchase an old favorite when I’m through testing something, but this one will likely stick with me for a while. It will be hard to find one I like as well!
3) I have a review coming up of this product soon, but I wanted to share with you how much I am L-O-V-I-N-G Shu Uemura’s Petal Lash mascara. A little mini pre-review tidbit for you: It holds my curl the entire day, and no clumps. LOVE.
4) This little XO necklace by Bip & Bop is the bees knees. I’ve been wearing it daily and have been loving wearing dainty jewelry for a change, since I’m usually a statement jewelry kind of a girl.
5) L’Occitane Roses et Reines perfume has been my jam over the past few weeks. I had been obsessed with lemons for months, but lately this is all I wear!
6) CRUSHED ICE. Not pictured, but dudes…it’s my favorite way to stay hydrated in the summer. Read my preggo post from today, and you’ll see it there too. Ice is getting lots of blog love from me today.
7) Making lists and purple pens. This one I can’t really describe other than purple is my favorite color, and without lists lately, I can’t even find my brain long enough to complete simple tasks. I am loving lists for staying organized, getting more done in a day, and writing down blog ideas on the fly.
8) My brush egg has been totally rocking my world. Previously I had just been hand washing brushes in the sink, which takes forever. Literally, cleaning all of my brushes would take over half an hour. I can trim that time down to 5-10 minutes just by using this little egg. It’s dirty here and I didn’t notice until after the pictures were taken, oops! Take that to mean I just cleaned my brushes lately, so at least THAT’S a win for me.
9) Paint swatches! When we move into our new place, we are repainting the whole thing. I’m obsessed with neutrals- mushrooms, grays, etc. I can’t stop going through paint swatches and choosing what I like. It makes such a big difference to have a gorgeous paint color on the wall as opposed to one that is just a little off of what you want. I feel like I will want to decorate more when I am happy with the colors on the walls.
10) Rouge Bunny Rouge Blush in Habanera. I’ve been really digging a neutral blush this summer. I have a few to choose between in that category but this one has been my favorite and I’ve been wearing it every day for weeks. The only down side is that I’m creating a dip in the pan, and soon the flowers that are etched into the top will be faded away. A sign of a beauty product well loved!
11) I can’t forget about Bite Beauty Vigne Lipstick! I bought this in the spring time and reviewed it and recently pulled it back out again when I was planning my lip series posts. Those are coming up by the way! My favorite lip products by color family. I finally took all the pics so will be sharing soon!
What are some of your favorites lately? If you want to follow my new home boards, I have three below that I have created. There’s not much on them yet, because I’m trying to only pin things that I really really want or ideas that I’m seriously considering. Soon I hope they are full of inspiration!
Follow Justina’s board DIY Home Ideas on a Budget on Pinterest.