Today I have the coolest little skincare device to share with you. I don’t often accept reviews of skincare tools because they tend to be expensive and overpromise and undeliver. This one caught my eye because I haven’t seen anything like it. It’s by the company Le Mieux. It used to be called the Facial Scrubber, but it’s just been rebranded for the consumer market and they’re calling the Le Mieux Skin Perfecter. It just premiered on QVC in May!
As you can see by the box, it’s an ultrasonic beauty tool that combines four skin treatments into one- it cleanses, exfoliates, extracts, and infuses to reveal smoother, brighter, perfect-looking skin. Lines, wrinkles, pores, texture, clarity, and smoothness are supposed to be improved after every single treatment.
The Skin Perfecter resonates at 28,000 vibrations per second. It’s meant to be used on wet skin, producing ultrasonic waves that pulverize the water, creating micronized particles that deep cleanse the pores of excess oil and impurities, exfoliate cellular debris, extract blackheads and whiteheads, reduce the look of enlarged pores, and resurface lines and wrinkles. You can also use this tool to help accelerate the absorption of serums and other skincare products, which is more effective than massaging them in by hand.
I’ll admit when I first tried this I couldn’t really see the hype. Videos I watched on YouTube showed steam coming off of the faces of the people using it. It wasn’t happening for me. I think the trick to this is to be sure your face is wet. Not just wet, but saturated with water. I had been wiping water on my face with a towel, but it was only getting my face damp and that wasn’t cutting it! I actually applied water to my face with a wet kleenex so that water was pooling up on my face and that was the ticket for me.
This is not something to use in place of your cleanser- you’ll want to use it on clean skin, but I do think it made a difference in cleaning out my pores. Where I really saw the difference was in popping actual pimples with this! Now, I know that’s a skincare no no, but hear me out. I was able to take the edge of the Skin Perfecter and glide it over a pimple, and even the smallest pimples that I am not normally able to pop because they are far too painful were popped with no pain at all! It was kind of amazing to me. I had my brother try it on his back where he had an absolutely terrible breakout. He had the same luck, gently gliding the tool over his pimples, and he was able to use this to get rid of them all. The breakout hasn’t returned!
The Skin Perfecter is rechargeable, lightweight, portable, and never requires brushes, cartridges, or disks. It is super slim and would be perfect for travel. Using it is a breeze with the instructions- you just press power, then mode, until you are at the desired pulsating range. I used HI right away. This tool can be used 3 minutes 3 times a week!
It’s a pretty nifty tool and I’m excited to get more use out of it. It’s definitely my go to when I have an extraction to make. In fact I think my brother took it out of my bag last time I was home, so I am waiting to retrieve it next time I visit! If you are interested, here is some information from a clinical study with Le Mieux on the Skin Perfecter:
- In a clinical study 100% of participants saw an improvement in skin exfoliation in two weeks.
- In a clinical study 85% of participants saw an improvement in overall skin appearance in two weeks.
- In a clinical study 80% of participants saw immediate improvement in brightness in two weeks.
- In a clinical study 69% of participants saw immediate improvement in radiance & luminosity in two weeks.
- In a clinical study 69% of participants saw immediate radiance and healthier look to their skin due to micro massage that encourages microcirculation
- In a clinical study 65% of participants saw an improvement of the appearance of pores in two weeks.
- In a clinical study 62% of participants saw immediate improvement in the appearance of skin texture & smoothness in two weeks.
- In a clinical study 50% of participants saw an improvement in fine lines & wrinkles in two weeks.
- In a clinical study the use of the Skin Perfecter improves absorption of serum compared to using ones hands.
- Gentle enough for all skin types.
Is this something you would splurge on? Tell me in the comments!