I wear a lot of neutral eyeshadows as I am typically drawn to the naturally pretty look on a daily basis. Of course, when I saw that MAC just came out with a new palette called the Nordstrom Naturals palette, I had to spring for it. I don’t usually go for MAC’s limited edition sets because I find their launches exhausting to keep up with (don’t they release something almost weekly?) but I love the idea of owning several of their permanent line eyeshadows in a palette. You are paying $85 for $160 worth of eyeshadow here, which I reminded myself of as I was trying to justify the purchase!
15 neutral shadows is like heaven! There is a huge range of options here, so I thought I would tell you 10 ways you can wear the shades here. I am sure this palette is limited edition, so if you are like me, and itching to try lots of shades in one purchase, this would be a perfect purchase!
1) Apply a matte black shade like Carbon over top of your eyeliner for a smokier line.
2) Use an eyeshadow with a light iridescent shine like Frost over the entire lid and finish with a thick swipe of black liquid liner on the top lash line only. It makes for a really quick eye makeup look that pairs with any lipstick shade.
3) Use a mid-toned satin neutral like Woodwinked over the lid by itself for an easy eye makeup look that still looks put together.
4) Apply a dark velvety shadow with a shimmering shift of color like Beauty Marked, wet as an eyeliner. It will still across as black, but the purple shimmer shift will add some interesting contrast.
5) Take a mid-toned matte gray-brown shade like Omega and use it for contouring the nose and cheekbones.
6) Wear a shimmery beige neutral shade like Honey Lust as an inner corner highlighter to make your eyes pop!
7) Use a medium cool-toned matte brown like Brun to fill in your eyebrows.
8) Use an iridescent white shadow like Vapour as a highlight shade down the center of your nose, on your cupid’s bow, and on the brow bone.
9) Take a gold shade like Amber Lights and pop it right in the center of your lid, directly above your pupil to highlight the center of your eye.
If you’re not familiar with MAC eyeshadows, they are very pigmented and have no fallout! Even when wearing Beauty Marked that as a bit of chunkier shimmer, I was pleasantly surprised that none of it ended up on my cheeks. I love that these are able to be applied without kicking up any powder on my brush. The palette looks like a bit of a powder bomb above, but I’m pretty sure that happened when I removed the outer plastic covering that was protecting the shades in transport. The only thing I wish I could fix about this palette is that the packaging feels somewhat cheap. It’s really light and there is no mirror. But for the price, I’m not complaining!
This palette is available at Nordstrom only! I am having lots of fun playing. What is your favorite way to wear neutral eyeshadow? Are you going to pick this up?